For a while now, I’ve wanted to do a sheet like this. The reason I’ve wanted to do one, particularly of Touhou, is that I find it fun to peg characters into distinct but memorable alignments. Hard to do as you fill out the Neutral Axis (Neutral Good/True Neutral/Neutral Evil/Lawful Neutral/Chaotic Neutral) and the corners are left.
For the record, Good means “least harmful/most beneficial to Gensokyo” while Evil means “most harmful/least beneficial to Gensokyo.” Remember, most of these characters are very Gray when it comes to morality.
- Lawful Good: Reimu Hakurei. She’s actually more Neutral Good, but seeing as how she set up the rules for danmaku in the first place and does her best to enforce the (few) laws of the land, she fits best here.
- Neutral Good: Sanae Kochiya. She’s not a law-follower like Reimu is but she isn’t a wild gun like Marisa, either. Most of what she does is for her parents, but she’s still
a good girla decent human being.
- Chaotic Good: Marisa Kirisame. An easy pick for this alignment. Still a recognizably good protagonist but does have her issues as a klepto and tends to rely on overkill (most of her spell cards, particularly the Sparks, rely on overwhelming the enemy with bullets and lasers).
- Lawful Neutral: Sikieiki Yamaxanadu (or Siki Eiki if Yamaxanadu really is just her title). She’s a Yama, or a judge of the dead. In Gensokyo, she IS the law and she wants everyone to do their roles properly, to such a point that her sigil in Grimoire of Marisa is a scale! She has no view of Good and Evil, as seen in her dialogues of PoFV: she criticizes Yuka, at some point, for not doing her job as a youkai (which is, by the way,eating people).
- True Neutral: Komachi Onozuka. There are LOTS AND LOTS of characters that fall under TN that I could have used, but nothing exemplifies it more than Komachi. She’s a ferryman of the dead, albeit a lazy ferryman, and has only caused an incident due to her laziness; she’s otherwise a decent person with a (probably) boring job and a critical boss. Nothing is more neutral than shipping the dead.
- Chaotic Neutral: Yukari Yakumo. If each alignment had a catchphrase, CN’s would either be “YOLO” or “I do what I want.” And nothing exemplifies both more than the youkai of the gaps. She is “the most youkai-like of the youkai,” sleeping in the day and playing at night, causing mischief as easily as fixing it (when she’s not terribly lazy). You can trust her with your life, but you also can’t turn your back on her. Funny how that works.
- Lawful Evil: Kanako Yasaka. The problem with Touhou characters is that not a lot of them are explicitly Good or Evil; likewise, not a lot of them are explicitly Lawful or Chaotic. While Kanako follows the rules of the land, she has arguably caused quite a few incidents, from the moving of her shrine to Gensokyo and wanting Reimu’s shrine to close down (albeit she had no idea what the shrine was even for) to upsetting the malicious spirits of the underground by giving a numbskull bird the powers of nuclear fission/fusion to causing a giant robot to wander around the mountainside and send everyone into a flying panic. She wants to bring technology and power to Gensokyo, mostly for her own benefits, so that she may receive worship and thus stay powered.
- Neutral Evil: Murasa Minamitsu. When she was introduced in TH12, we learn that Murasa was the vengeful spirit of a drowned (possibly) sailor, taking other ships with her even after death. She was rescued by Byakuren Hijiri and moved to Gensokyo… where (according to SoPM) she now drowns people if they’re near a body of water. Seriously, what the fuck, Cap’n. She apparently has a criteria of who she drowns and no one but her knows of who meets the criteria or what the criteria evenis. Whatever the case, she certainly doesn’t drown people for the lulz which would put her in CE. Speaking of which…
- Chaotic Evil: Utsuho Reiuji. The idiotic hell crow that controls nuclear fusion, fission, and everything inbetween. She maintains the fires of Hell while also maintaining the Subterranean Sun that powers the Moreya Shrine and the mountain. Before becoming more tame, she nearly went mad with power upon swallowing the Yatagarasu (the source of her powers) and wanted to turn the surface of the world into a second Hell. Apparently, according to Kanako, the more idiotic you are the better you can control the Yatagarasu’s powers. But she didn’t keep in mind that the first thing Utsuho would want to do would be nuclear annihilation…!
- faitaa likes this
- hauntedcandle likes this
- pitchinthefandomist likes this
- pitchinthefandomist reblogged this from diamond-dangeresque
- darkoverord reblogged this from anocturneofshadow and added:
- anocturneofshadow reblogged this from diamond-dangeresque
- anocturneofshadow likes this
- diamond-dangeresque posted this